Sunday, February 1, 2009

Winter Break and Beyond...

Hello friends! Happy February! So I (this is Courtney speaking) just finally put the pictures we took from winter break on my computer, so I thought it would be fun to share some of them with you all. The first photo is of Carmel Beach back in my hometown. Kyncade and I drove by the beach after church one Sunday while we were in Carmel--isn't it beautiful?


This next picture is of Ammon, one of Kage's amazing little brothers, jumping off a little wall in the backyard of Papo's old house. We thought it was a pretty entertaining picture (but Ammon is pretty entertaining most of the time). If you click on it, you can see Ammon's expression, which is one of the best parts of the picture.Below are three photos from when Kyncade and I went to "The Phantom of the Opera" in San Fransisco on New Year's Eve with Kyncade's family and Papo. It truly was amazing and Kage & I loved it! Thanks again to the Hardy's and Papo for taking us!!


In this next picture, I guess Ken is giving us his best operatic expression in honor of the play :). Oh how I love my father-in-law.We actually ended up celebrating the transition from 2008 to 2009 in In-N-Out on the way back to Monterey from San Fransisco that night. We were the only ones in the restaurant and enjoyed our tasty burgers while counting down to the new year. It was quite memorable! An In-N-Out employee took a photo of all eleven of us in the restaurant with someone's phone--does anyone know who has that photo? We would love a copy! All we have is the photo below to commemorate our In-N-Out New Year's experience:

When Kage and I drove back to Utah, we stopped by Long Beach where I lived and went to school for my first year of college. Long Beach is pretty much where we fell in love, so it was fun to drive through and see some of the most memorable places from that time of our lives.

Below is a picture from when we walked around California State University Long Beach, my old campus. You can tell we had a good time :)


Once we got back to Utah, we took a quick photo of our Christmas tree before taking it down. Our first Christmas tree was pretty sad looking, considering how Sally broke many of our $2.50 Wal-Mart ornaments (the red ones you can see in the picture are the remaining ones), and our popcorn garland only covered about a fourth of our tree...But that's ok! We loved our tree anyway, despite its barren-ness.Below is a picture of a fairly typical night in our apartment. There's me making dinner, Kage doing the dishes, and Sally hanging out with us.

So, right after we got back to Utah, it started snowing like crazy. Below is Sally in her kennel, but Kyncade shoveled some snow on the roof of her dog house, making her an igloo. We were entertained, so I took a quick picture before the snow melted.

Just this last Friday, Kyncade received two free tickets to a Jazz game! So we went up to Salt Lake and watched the Jazz beat the Oklahoma City Thunder! We are very excited to have been able to have gone to two Jazz games this season. So here's a little photo from the night:

Hooray! We are now caught up to the present! The next three pictures are from today when Kage and I took Sally on a little Sunday walk. We love Sunday walks during the summer and fall, and really miss them now that it is winter--but today was fairly warm, so we thought we would give a walk a try. You cant see it, but in this first picture Kyncade and Sally are standing on a "snow mountain" (a large pile of snow) in front of the BYU football stadium.
Here is just a silly picture of us. Kage was keeping an eye on Sally, so that's why he isn't really paying attention to the camera.Here's the last picture (finally, huh?)--we tried several times to get a photo with Sally looking at the camera, which is quite difficult since she is so squirmy--but this was the closest picture we got to having all three of us in a photo looking normal-ish.

You survived our so very long blog, congratulations. Hope you all are doing well--take care!

3 comments:

Christian and Kennebec Vial said...

yay!!! so many pictures! they're fabulous darling, simply fabulous! You guys are precious, thanks for sharing the updates! loves!

ck

Unknown said...

Huzza I love the pictures! I am so glad you guys take them to record your fun times, I love seeing them! I love you guys and can't wait until March!

Unknown said...

Hey, so I am replying to your comment on my blog. You guys are so sweet to read my long stories. And Kage, I totally don't mind moving the wedding for you, it worked out great for all of us. I'm glad we did, I was a whole year older when I got married! Hehe. You guys are the cutest!!! I am so excited to see you!
-Cam the Spam