Sunday, September 12, 2010

POWELL...

So on Labor Day weekend we went to Powell with Myers and his girlie Alyssa...it was awesome! Southern Utah is seriously my favorite place on the planet...the red rocks soothe my soul and make me giddy as a school girl. We went to Hite Marina...which is at the top of Powell where the Colorado River comes into the lake...it is the most remote of the Powell Marina's and there was hardly anyone there because the water isn't deep enough for house boats. September weather in Powell is perfect because the water is at its warmest and its in the nineties so still warm but not too hot. Above is the picture of the main bay the morning we got there.

Nate's friend Josh was kind enough to let us take his new sweet Tacoma truck since the clutch of my truck is on the fritz. And we brought Alyssa's waverunners which was awesome! Below is us chillin at our little spot on the rocks.

We shuttled our stuff out to a little canyon that we had all to ourselves it was sweet...we slept up top on the little plateau under a million stars!!



Me and the little bear(one of her many nicknames)


Me and Court at the mouth of Powell with the Colorado River Bridge.





All four of us.




So I have had for a back up plan in my mind for a while that if I can't get a job when I graduate we could move to Powell. We would sell all we have to buy sweet gear and wilderness survival equipment. We would find a little cliffside ledge in a canyon above the water and carve sweet nooks and crannies to leave in like the Anasazi of old. We would get all tan and swim a lot and eat fish so we would have super hot bodies. And on occasion we would pillage Powell campers by night and steal things like gatorade and twinkies. We would slowly establish a civilization and have little children that would have swimming skills like otters. I like the idea...we will see if it pans out. POWELL!!!





3 comments:

Unknown said...

Haha, giddy as a school girl huh? And I could totally see you guys living there, with little ones splashing about and stealing cool little rocks from each other. They would swim before they could walk. Yup, I could totally see it. Hehe, you guys are so awesome, I miss you!

Christian and Kennebec Vial said...

hahaha kage you're the best blogger. Your otter babies would be cute, it sounds like a cool lifestyle! I'm more then a wee bit jealous that you guys got to go party, but I'm glad you had fun! One day....one day I'll wakeboard again, if these kids will stop implanting themselves inside my womb....little critters. (wow, that sounds so creepy! aliens!!!)

Hope yor'e peachy!

Courtney said...

ha thanks guys...I say we do a family reunion in Powell...houseboat style. You guys would not regret it!