Thursday, August 25, 2011

Pisa

I just realized that we went to Pisa the same day we were in Florence, so I might as well blog about it right away. After Florence-ing, we took a bus ride out to the Pisa complex.

Here is my favorite shot I took in this area...


I had no idea that there were more impressive buildings around the Tower of Pisa until my art history told me differently, but there is actually a nifty cathedral and baptistry close by. In this next picture, you can see all three buildings that make up the Pisa complex. The baptistry is the one closest to us, and the cathedral is in between the baptistry and the tower.

The baptistry was very beautifully detailed, as you can see in the next two pictures...


On to the famous tower. Of course, we had to take the typical Leaning Tower of Pisa pictures...


It was a lot of fun to see the Pisa complex. And it was fantastic that the sun came out to give us a gorgeous blue sky to set off these white buildings. Good times.

Coming up: Rome!

No comments: