Helloooo blog world. We are going to take a break from Europe reminiscing in order to discuss the current issues in the Hardy family. August was outrageously busy. Both of our families visited us, we went to Mexico, we then went to Wyoming with some friends, we finished up at our Utah jobs...Maybe I will post some pictures from these things later, but for now we are going to focus on what happened next.
A couple weeks ago we went on a horseback ride with Nate Preator, one of Kyncade's best friends from high school. It was definitely fun and we enjoyed the beautiful Provo hills.
(P.S. Check out the super nifty collages I learned how to make! Thanks Kelsey! Please feel free to click on a collage so that it will become larger and you can see the photos in all their glory. I am trying to figure out how to make the space in which my posts are wider so that there is more room for the photos...Does anyone know how to do that? These photos are looking too small for my liking.)

You may note the top left picture of Kyncade's typically scratch-free face...Unfortunately the horse Kyncade was riding decided that he no longer wanted Kyncade as his rider and threw him off. It was extremely terrifying. Thank goodness Kyncade seems to be totally fine now!
Alright, after the horseback riding, we commenced to dive into our packing and moving preparations. We got together with a bunch of friends to say goodbye...so sad. In the collage below there is (starting in the top left corner and working our way clockwise...) first my friend Kelsey.
Kelsey and I, first of all, have the same maiden name, which is pretty much the coolest thing ever. Yay Passeys! She and I became close only over the last couple months (We have known each other since the beginning of the year, but the friendship didn't kick in until this summer-ish)...So sad to leave her! She seriously helped me pack every day for several days...I could not have done it without her. Definitely missing my dear Kelsey already.
Next we have my BYU Bookstore buddies, Amy and Lindsey. We met when we cashiered together in the wee hours of the morning almost 2 years ago and have been friends ever since.
Then we have Kate. Sadly I didn't take a picture with her, but this is one I have of her from our job. We worked for the Flourishing Families Project together (January of this year through August). Everyone in the project has to work in couples, and Kate was my partner. I ended up being SO grateful that Kate and I were assigned to one another--we worked very well together and ended up laughing quite a lot. We became friends and now I am sad to leave her, for sure!
Lastly, here is the group. Nate Myers and Nate Preator have been great friends of Kyncade's for ten-ish years--Myers is pictured here with his fiance, Katrine, and Preator with his wife, Lindsay, and son. Also pictured is Kyncade's brother Yancee, with wife Kimmy and their son. We all went out for ice cream and it was swell.
Here we are in front of the house we have lived in for the last 3 years...We moved in here as newlyweds--we have created lots of memories here! This has felt pretty much like home since Kyncade is from Provo and has lived here most of his life and I have lived in Provo the last 4 years; so it was tough to say goodbye.

Also pictured above is Kyncade with his masterful packing job of the Penske moving truck we rented, as well as Sally in the truck. It was very funny...she loved lounging in the truck while Kyncade packed it.
Below are some pictures from this last weekend. The first picture is Kyncade and I in front of the very cute house we are now renting! We love it! We were really scared that it would end up not being a good house or being in a terrible neighborhood since we were unable to come see it in person before moving in, but it is perfect! We have been so blessed.
My mom, dad, and sister (Ashley) came out over the weekend to help us unpack. Thank you family!! We celebrated my mom's birthday as well.
The bottom left photo is us in front of Hungry Bear Cookies. My grandparents (Mom's parents) lived in Fresno all their lives, and I grew up visiting them here, so when I found out we were moving to Fresno, many happy memories starting coming back to me. One of which is Hungry Bear Cookies. We would come here pretty much every time we visited (which was quite frequent)...The cookies here are divine! Ever since I found out we would be moving here I have been anticipating returning for a cookie. If any of you visit us we will for sure have to take you here! :)


1 comment:
your new house is so cute! I do hope one day we can come visit. It was sad leaving our newly wed home, too. It's funny how attached you can get to a place in just a few short years, huh? It was so nice to talk to you yesterday. Love the update and the collages! I need to learn how to do such things...
Post a Comment