Hello friends and family! I hope everyone enjoyed Thanksgiving!
I wanted to share two recent discoveries of ours with you: first, a fantastic cookie recipe and second, an exceptional music video/song.
Let's start with the cookies...
Image courtesy of Apple A Day
I found these cookies on Pinterest with a claim that they had a secret ingredient that makes them extra soft and delicious. I was skeptical, but definitely thought it was worth a try. Cornstarch turned out to be the magical ingredient...and when we tasted these cookies we became believers. Kyncade, who is the cookie expert, thinks these cookies have become our #1 chocolate chip cookie recipe (a bold statement). If you like soft cookies, I suggest you definitely give these cookies a try!
(The recipe can be found at the end of this post.)
I recently discovered that dancing and baking complement one another quite well...If you are looking for a good tune to groove to while baking the amazing soft cookies aforementioned, look no further than Coldplay's "Paradise."
I stumbled upon the music video for this song and as soon as I saw it I knew I needed to show it to Kyncade. As I predicted, he loved it. It is one of those (in my opinion) somewhat rare music videos that truly enhances the song and makes the viewer love the song and the band even more. So here is the video, for your enjoyment!
(If you don't want to watch the whole thing, at least skip to the end--from about 2:45 to the end is the best.)
Ah, that video/song makes both Kyncade and I quite happy.
Now for the cookies that also bring us joy...Here is the recipe, from Apple a Day, who adapted it from a Food Network Canada recipe...Enjoy!
Ingredients:
3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 egg
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups all purpose flour
2 teaspoons cornstarch
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup bittersweet chocolate chips
Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together butter and sugars until fluffy and light in color. Add egg and vanilla and blend in.
3. Mix in flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt. Stir in chocolate chunks.
4. Using a standard-sized cookie scoop or tablespoon, drop dough onto a baking sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes, until barely golden brown around the edges. (The tops will not brown. Do NOT bake longer than 10 minutes.) Let them cool and enjoy!
Oh, and I am entering a giveaway for a $100 gift card to cooking.com from Hellman's and BlogHer--pretty exciting! Follow this link to enter it yourself!
1 comment:
uhh yumm-o! I'll have to give these cookies a shot. I've been using the same recipe for awhile and I do love them, but some variety is always necessary, right? Plus I'm impressed KJ put them on top of the list.
Love the coldplay too. My sister-in-law is going to a mumford and sons concert this week....ahhh I'm so envious!
Post a Comment