Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Halloween...2003-present

A belated happy Halloween to you all! My dear friend Kelsey blogged about some of her past Halloween costumes, which I loved reading about, so I thought I would share some of mine/ours (mostly mine, though, since Kyncade hasn't dressed up very much the last ten years of his life).

I have always loved dressing up for Halloween--it is definitely the best part of the holiday in my opinion. Kyncade hasn't been very in to dressing up since he became an adult, but once he and I started sharing Halloweens, he kindly has humored me and started dressing up each year.

Here is his favorite costume to date--last year he was a panda:

Alright, now...my costumes, starting with the most current (and there will be more pictures soon from the most recent Halloween in another post).

So here we have 2011 on the far right: I was a pirate.
And then there is my 2010 costume, Princess Peach, and my 2009 costume, a construction worker.


In 2008, the first year Kyncade and I were married, I was a goth and Kyncade was Carlos Boozer. I had too much fun with the hair and make up for this costume.


In 2007 (my first year in Utah) I was a lumberjack. Below I am pictured with some of my lovely roommates at the time and Kyncade, who dressed up as a rock star (do you like his make up? I had a fun time doing it). At the time Kyncade and I were going through our series of breaks as we were contemplating getting married. Not a fun time of our lives, but it all worked out in the end :)


In 2006, when I was a freshman in Long Beach living with my now sister-in-law Kenni, I was a cowgirl. Kenni is pictured to my left as the cute baseball player.
And in 2005, as a senior in high school, I was an angel.


Last two pictures...In 2004, as a high school junior, I was a lacrosse player, and in 2003 I was Supergirl. My two best friends at the time and I all dressed as superheroes/villains.


Those were all the Halloween pictures I could find. Which is probably a good thing, since I progressively get more and more awkward from 2003 and back.
I hope you all enjoyed your Halloween this year...I will be posting about our Halloween soon!

3 comments:

Christian and Kennebec Vial said...

oh man you got mad halloween skills. i think i can honestly say long beach was the last time i dressed up. first and last time i wore such short shorts:) i'm bummed with myself still for not dressing up like Juno when i was pregnant with zur. that would have been awesome. maybe next baby!

love the pictures though! glad you've gotten kj on the band wagon. he's too funny to not dress up.

Kelsey said...

woo hoo! thanks for that, I quite enjoyed it. cheers.

Courtney said...

haha kenni--good times in long beach. remember the club we tried to go to? glad that ended up not working out. you would make a great juno!!