Thursday, September 29, 2011

Last Weekend/Jimmy Eat World Concert

Last weekend we were able to take a mini trip to my hometown and visit my family (well, the members of my family that are still there)...It is really nice to live close enough now to be able to visit them! The following two collages are from a stop we made to the beach with Sally.

It felt great to be back at Carmel beach...Every time I return I just can't believe that I grew up in such a gorgeous place.



Saturday night Kyncade and I were able to attend a Jimmy Eat World concert in Santa Cruz and it was AMAZING! Sadly we did not bring a camera (just took a picture of us in our Jimmy shirts before we left for the concert)--which we really regretted since we ended up being outrageously close to the band. I found the following pictures that are about how close we were to them...We could seriously see the beads of sweat on their faces...If I had had a baseball, I could have thrown it to Jim Adkins (lead singer) and we could have had a lovely game of catch. Which is saying something, because I throw terribly. So that's how close we were, if that gives you a better idea :)

Jimmy Eat World pictures are from Songkick.com

The concert was absolutely fantastic. Kyncade and I each loved this band long before we knew each other, and then when we were dating many of the songs became even more special to us. We saw this band together in 2008, but that was in a huge events center and the band members looked like little dolls they were so far away. It was awesome to see them live again, this time up close and personal.

This concert was even more special because they played a song that Kyncade has been wanting to hear live for years. Here is a video someone else at the concert created and posted of that song: Goodbye Sky Harbor. The ending was really cool (and it is not included in that last video, sadly), and you can see that here if you like (that video is not from the same concert we attended, though). Here is another video someone else took at the concert we attended of Jimmy's song "Work," a personal favorite of mine.

It was really cool to be so close and be able to see little details...Like Jim Adkins was very humble and would often look out at the audience and smile. He looked like he was having a great time; even though he has been doing concerts all over the world like that for over ten years. None of the other band members (of Jimmy or of the opening group) really looked out into the audience like Jim did. Made us like Jimmy Eat World even more (is that possible?!) to see what a cool guy Jim seems to be.

Anyway, that was our weekend. I hope all of you enjoyed it as well. Another weekend is almost upon us!


By the way, I entered a little free giveaway I am pretty excited about. You can take a looksie here if you like and enter yourself if you so feel.

4 comments:

Christian and Kennebec Vial said...

aw man. Jimmy.... That's sweet you guys got such awesome seats. I am looking forward to going to concerts again one day. That's rad they played Goodbye Sky Harbor. Once KJ introduced me to that song I'd play it on repeat on my way to school. Good times. Good times.

Courtney said...

Ha ha, good times for sure. Goodbye Sky Harbor always reminds me of the original Utah to Washington/Oregon trip--when we went out for Cami's reception--because you and Kyncade introduced me to it somewhere on the road. :) It had been over 3 years since my last concert, so I thoroughly enjoyed it. I am excited for you to revisit concerts again one day, as well! Someday we will all have to go to a concert together, like old times. I sense a sweet double date possibility!

Aubrey Jane said...

Great to know that you have a blog, ours is jonandaubrey.blogspot.com P.S. We got married 2 days apart!(Our anniversary is 7/19/08) How lucky that you get to visit the ocean regularly!

Courtney said...

Yay!! Thanks for letting me know about your blog! You've got yourself a new follower :) I had no idea our anniversaries were so close! That is pretty fun. That was a pretty great week to get married, I think! I'm excited to read your blog!