
1 cup cooked rice, warm or at room temperature
1 cup cooked, shredded chicken (this was about 1-2 chicken breast's worth)
1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 green onion, finely sliced (white and green parts)
1/2 red or green pepper, diced (I omitted this since we aren't bell pepper fans, but if you like them use them!)
1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
juice of 1 lime
1/2 tablespoon chili powder
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
2 cups shredded cheese (I used medium cheddar, although the original recipe used jack and sharp cheddar)
Sour cream
6 burrito-sized flour tortillas (I only ended up using 5...)
1. I first threw the chicken (which was frozen) in the crock pot a couple hours in advance. This really cut my cooking time down, which I liked. Feel free to cook up your chicken how ever you wish, though.
2. Mix rice together with chili powder, cumin and garlic salt. Add remaining ingredients except for cheese and sour cream.
3. Spread some sour cream over the tortillas. Sprinkle with cheese. Arrange chicken and rice mixture down the center of each tortilla. Roll filled tortillas, tucking in tortilla edges so that you don't spill their contents.
4. Heat a large non-stick skillet (or griddle) over medium heat for 1 minute. Spray the side of the tortillas with the seam with cooking spray before placing in skillet. Place 2 wraps, seam-side down, in pan and cook until golden brown and crisp, about 2-3 minutes. Before flipping the wraps, spray the side facing you with cooking spray. Cook the other side until golden brown. Transfer to a plate and repeat with remaining wraps. Serve.
No comments:
Post a Comment